Fem. of Lucretius.
The name of a 9th C Spanish martyr.
The name was never common, but it was used throughout Europe in the 16th century.
- ● 1590 Lucretia AuFr Deckere
- Early Modern English
- ● 1580 Lucrece StMary-Ke p. iv
- Middle French
- ● 1562 Lucresse RegPCC-1 p. 9
- ● 1522x1532 Lucretia (nom) DSF p. 52, 35;
1527 Lucretia (abl) Rome1527 p. 83
- ● 1513x1521 Lucretia LeoX p. 13
- ● 1510 Lucrecia valencia1510 3993
Cite as: S.L. Uckelman. "Lucretia". In S.L. Uckelman, ed. The Dictionary of Medieval Names from European Sources, Edition 2017, no. 1. http://dmnes.org/2017/1/name/Lucretia.